Welcome to Tiger-Rock Martial Arts of Texas
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts of Texas is a group of martial arts franchises serving most of the Texas’ largest metropolitan areas. With multiple locations through the state, you’re probably never more than 20 to 30 minutes away from one of our academies.
We’ve been in Texas for nearly 40 years, with our first academy opening in Beaumont, Texas in the early 1980s. Since then, we have expanded to adding locations in the Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Central, and South Texas areas.
We offer year-round kids martial arts and adult martial arts programs. Some of our locations, particularly in the Greater Austin areas, offer after school programs.
What you will learn at a Tiger-Rock Martial Arts academy
Tiger-Rock members will learn valuable martial arts and self-defense skills. Moreover, our intense system incorporates modern advances in physical fitness to improve the effectiveness of our workouts. We combine this with our 15-step personal growth and life skills development track known as RISE (or R15E).
What is RISE (R15E)?
At Tiger-Rock, we feel that your journey from white belt to black belt on the mat and in life, takes 15 distinct steps. At Tiger-Rock, we call these steps you RISE story.
- Choose the path forward and commit to seeing the journey to completion
- Personal and professional growth through focus, belief in self, and consistent practice
- Challenge yourself, compete for opportunities, and evaluate yourself and your actions to help you achieve your goals
- Observe your environment, recognize challenges, and respond accordingly to distinguish yourself in your personal and/or professional mission
- Be a positive influence to others through observation in a learning environment, collaboration with others on and off the math, and the demonstration of your abilities
- Transform yourself and the world around you with your acquired skills and abilities.
The Tiger-Rock Experience
Tiger-Rock offers an environment that is safe, inclusive, and inspiring.
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts features four taekwondo programs for different age groups — the early childhood Tiger Cubs program, the Junior program for older kids, the Teens program for adolescents and teenagers, and the Adults program for students 16 years of age and over! Each Texas martial arts class is designed to build on the cognitive and physical abilities of each age group.
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts has a wonderful, dedicated staff of Certified taekwondo Instructors that will help you achieve your martial arts goals. Many of our instructors train year-round and are always up-to-date on the latest training methods. Our Texas martial arts instructors are dedicated to helping you become the best martial artist you can be.
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts has an active competition cycle with three yearly tournaments held every fall, spring, and summer. Our tournaments bring together student competitors from across the region, state, and nation, respectively.
Begin your journey today at Tiger-Rock
Start training today at a Tiger-Rock Texas Academy! Members enjoy benefits such as:
- No long-term membership contracts.
- A training environment that allows for individual development.
- Numerous opportunities to advance in rank to help you achieve your goals and training milestones
- Annual tournaments where you can apply what you learned in a competitive setting