Stop searching for martial arts 77449 and come check us out at Tiger-Rock Martial Arts, where we are serious about you taking control over your life and building character while learning the true art of discipline. There are many benefits that stem from the practice alone, such as stress relief and a boost in confidence. What are you waiting for? Jump on the mat with our inspirational instructors here at Tiger-Rock Martial Arts.
How Taekwondo is Beneficial Mentally and Physically
Below are just a few of the ways Taekwondo is beneficial to your mental and physical health:
Participating in Teamwork. Martial arts is usually an individual sport, but there are many opportunities for students to learn and exhibit teamwork. Sparring, board breaking, participating in tests, demonstrating performances, and even tournaments teach teamwork.
Indomitable Spirit. Students learn to maintain a positive perspective on their overall outlook of life. Therefore, the objective is for students to learn how to motivate themselves and seek each challenge and take advantage of every opportunity to learn and grow.
Teaches Respect. Taekwondo makes it clear that it is not what you know, but you DO with what you know that is significant. Therefore, students are expected to honor their parents, teachers, instructors, and teammates. While class is in session, students are instructed to answer “yes mam” and “no sir” and how to show respect to their teammates by bowing before each match.
Self-defense. When practicing Taekwondo, students will be capable of identifying situations where defending against a hostile situation is necessary. Learning when and how to react is essential and could save a life.
Taekwondo/Martial Arts Impact on Anime
As you may or may not know, anime is one of the most influential genres of television internationally across many age groups. Additionally, this style of animation is considered anything animated in the country of Japan. Many people have adopted anime to mean animation, specifically from Japan.
Anime isn’t your typical goofy cartoon. Most of the time, the main characters hold some power that is sacred to them and their legacy. These unique cartoons usually involve mystical creatures, elemental forces, and a lot of martial arts. There are so many anime series full of all sorts of forms of martial arts. Here are a few famous anime creations centered around martial arts or Taekwondo.
Popular Anime That Involves Martial Arts
- Afro Samurai. This show is one of the most controversial forms of anime due to its hip-hop
references and pro-Afro American influences. It is a true piece of art showing some influences of kendo or Kenjutsu, which focus on sword techniques combined with martial arts.
- Dragon Ball: This show is arguably one of the most popular anime creations along with Pokemon. The show began in 1986 and began as Dragon Ball and later became Dragon Ball Z and Kai. With each series, there is a saga featuring insane fights. Goku, the main character, is excellent at boxing and kickboxing. His style is reminiscent of Taekwondo.
- Street Fighter: The legendary anime series that involves some of the most influential characters in anime, such as Ryu and Chun-li. Ryu and Ken Masters lived and breathed martial arts in each match. The show features a variety of fighting styles such as Muay Thai, kickboxing, Shotokan karate, and ninjutsu.
- Naruto: Another popular anime series is Naruto. Naruto is not only a gateway to the anime world but also martial arts anime. Just like Dragon Ball Z, naruto exhibits a lot of kickboxing and boxing as well, along with other martial art forms such as jiujitsu.
Other Forms of Martial Arts
- Jiujitsu. This art form was developed in China and Japan. This martial art is a forerunner of both aikido and judo. All three martial arts involve grappling, which is fighting in close proximity to your opponent with lots of body contact. Additionally, these moves involve anything from throws to strangle-type hold to taking your opponent to the ground to prevent them from striking you.
- Kung fu. This is a martial art that originated in China. This art form includes a number of fighting styles, including flips, jumps, and high kicks. Kung fu can be split into two schools. One that focuses on arm work, such as rapid, close-range punching, and those that focus on acrobatics, with kicks and leg work.
- Tai Chi. This exciting art form involves slow-motion postures combined with Taoist breathing techniques. This form of art is also accompanied by weapons such as swords or others.
- Judo. This martial art also was also created in Japan. This art form is a lot like Jiu-Jitsu but focuses a lot on restraining the opponent by pinning them to the ground.
- Hapkido. This Korean art form includes a myriad of weapons, including belts, ropes, and canes. These weapons pair with moves, including kicks, joint locks, throws, and hand strikes on the body’s pressure points.
- Capoeira. This interesting martial art was originated in Brazil. It was developed by Angolan slaves who disguised their self-defense as dance. It is very acrobatic, with flips, punches, and kicks.
Things to Know About Taekwondo
- Taekwondo is one of few martial arts involved with the Olympics.
- Many people think that Taekwondo originated in Japan but actually derives from Korea.
- Modern Taekwondo was introduced to the world by a Korean general named Choi Hong Hi.
- Taekwondo ranks and belts are not standard and change from program to program.
- Taekwondo is the national martial of South Korea.
- The Taekwondo uniform is called a Dobok.
- In South Korea trains its soldiers with Taekwondo.
- Students globally have to learn simple Korean words.
Martial Arts 77449
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts is here to help you get to the next level of your life. Learn how to defend
Fun Facts About Katy, Texas
- Katy’s main industry is known for peanuts, cotton, and gas.
- The Name Katy comes from the “K-T Railroad” that runs through the city.
- Hundreds of geese and wild birds would migrate to Katy, TX each year.
- Learn more about Katy here.